After getting sore last week, I decided to take it easy with the lifting and exercise. I went out on Saturday to run some errands and a couple of hours later, I was feeling quite sore (like week 3-4 soreness).
I still tried to stretch my muscles by not using weights and did 3 sets of 15.
- Bicep curls – Flex biceps and curl. Don’t bend wrists while “lifting”
- Tricep Dips – Sit in a chair with arm rests. Push yourself up and slowly let yourself back down.
- Shoulder press – Put arms up like a football goal post and raise them above head. Last week, I couldn’t raise them up that high without feeling tightness so I just did little pulses. I still felt it though.
- Chest press (standing) – Put your arms straight out and move them in to where you’re clapping your hands in front (tighten chest muscles).
This week, I was able to use 5# weights, but I had to be very careful lifting. I also leaned against the wall for additional support. I did 3 sets of 12.
- Bicep curls
- Shoulder press
- Tricep backup kickback
- Bent over back flys
- Dead lifts
- Chest press (standing) with no weights (like above)